What is Balika Samridhi Yojana?
Balika Samridhi Yojana is a Government scheme to support the birth of a girl child and the welfare of her education. Pradhan Mantri Balika Samridhi Yojana was inaugurated in 1997 by the Ministry of Women and Child Development to benefit the girl child born after 15 Aug 1997. This is one of the most popular welcome steps taken by the Government to change the negative mindset of families towards their daughters as well as their mothers.
The major objective behind Pradhan Mantri Balika Samridhi Yojana 2018 is to inform families about the right age of marriage, increase the enrollment of girls in the schools and create some income opportunities for them. The scheme also helps girls to build a great future and making her self dependent.
Objectives of the BSY scheme
- Bring change in the bad mindset of the people for the mother and the girl child.
- Improving the enrollment as well as retention of the girls in schools.
- Raising the girl until she reaches the legal age for marriage.
- Helping and motivating the girls to take up steps towards income-generating activities for her own welfare.
Balika Samridhi Yojana – Overview
|1||Name of the Scheme||Balika Samridhi Yojana|
|3||Last Date to Apply||Always Open|
|4||How to Apply||Apply through Anganwadi Workers or Health Functionaries|
|5||Amount of Assistance||Post Birth – INR500
Scholarship Upto INR 1000/Year
|6||Income Criteria||Applicable for the girl child born in families who come in BPL quota|
Features of Pradhan Mantri Balika Samridhi Yojana 2018
A portion of the Post-Birth Grant of Rs.500/- and the amount of the scholarship can be used to pay the premium of Bhagyashri Balika Kalyan Bima Yojana in the name of the girl child. The amounts of annual scholarships can also be utilised to purchase books and uniform for the girl child. If the amount left after payment will be deposited in the account.
Benefits of Balika Samridhi Yojana
- The mother of the girl child will get the Rs. 500/- as a gift from the government.
- If a girl attends the school she will get an annual scholarship from the government.
- She will get a uniform, books and other schooling related things.
- On or after 18 years if the girl getting married she is able to withdraw the amount.
- This scheme also offers income-generating activities to the girls.
- The girl will get the total amount when she turns 18 years.
- When a girl took birth on or after 15 August 1997 and covered under Balika Samridhi Yojana begins learning in the school, she can be enlightened to annual scholarship as under for each successfully finished year of schooling.
Balika Samridhi Yojana – Rewards
Besides all the above benefits, when girl child starts her schooling, she becomes entitled to receive some rewards from the government according to her growth in class
|Girls study in I to III class||Rs. 300/- annually|
|Girls study in Class IV||Rs. 500 annually|
|Girls study in V class||Rs.600 annually|
|Girls study in Class VI to VII||Rs. 700 annually.|
|Girls study in class VIII||Rs. 800 annually|
|Girls study in IX- X classes||Rs. 1000 annually|
Balika Samridhi Yojana Eligibility Criteria
According to the name, this scheme is applicable only for the girl child. Besides this, there are other certain eligibility criteria to avail benefits under Pradhan Mantri Balika Samridhi yojana 2018. Here we have listed the eligibility criteria, so keep reading;
- The girl should born on or after 15 August 1997.
- A girl child must belong to the family below the poverty line
- Each household can take the benefit of this scheme only for two daughters
- The applicant should not receive any pension or financial assistance from any Government bodies
- Balika Samridhi yojana offers a scholarship to only those girl students who are legally enrolled in schools
- The scheme is applicable in both urban and rural areas.
- Post-birth grant to mothers only given after the birth of girl child
You may also Like to read: Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
Balika Samridhi Yojana Application Process
In order to take the benefit of this scheme, you need to head over to Gram Panchayats/ Municipalities/ other local bodies. These Government local centers contain the application form of this scheme. And the application forms are completely free with no income tax charges. The application forms are accessible with Anganwadi Workers and other government local centers in the towns and urban zones. The recipients are insisted to present the filled-in applications to these government centers. Here we have listed steps for Balika Samridhi yojana application –
Step 1: Get the Balika Samridhi yojana application form from health functionaries (in urban areas) or Anganwadi center (in rural areas). You can also download the application form from the official website.
Step 2: Complete the application form with all details and attached the required documents.
Step 3: Submit the filled application form to the respective center from where you obtained it.
The applicants must have the below documents along with the completed application form for applying pradhan Mantri Balika Samridhi yojana 2018:
- Identity Proof (Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Aadhar, Driving License or Voter ID Card, etc)
- Address Proof (Rashan Card, Aadhar, Valid Passport or Utility bill, etc)
- Income Certificate
- Recent passport size photographs
- BPL Certificate
- School Admission documents
- Parent/guardian’s bank passbook
Balika Samridhi Yojana Post Office
This scheme has bought a lot of relief to the parents who come under the poverty line and wants to teach their girl child and pray for her better future. You can raise the request for these services from the local government centers as well as Pradhan Mantri Balika Samridhi yojana 2018 Post Office is also providing the application form and helps you in this process. In order to access this scheme, all you need to provide you’re below poverty line certificate, birth certificate of the girl child, and the government ID that shows you are parents. After filling the form and submitting documentation the beneficiaries can take the benefits of this scheme.
Frequently Asked Questions for Balika Samridhi Yojana
Q. When Balika samridhi yojana was started and what is the last date to apply?
A. Balika Samridhi Yojana was inaugurated in the year 1997 backed by the Ministry Women and Child Development. The sole purpose of this yojana is to alert families to save some funds for their daughters’ bright future. There is no fixed last date to apply, it is always open.
Q. What is the age limit of a girl child to apply for Balika samridhi yojana?
A. According to the Balika Samridhi Yojana guidelines, in order to avail this policy your daughter’s minimum must be 18 years and the maximum age is 50 years. In order to get the maximum benefits of this Yojana your daughter must be 18 years. Because as soon as you avail the policy the better return you will get.
Q. Where can anyone apply for Balika samridhi yojana?
A. In order to take advantage of this yojana you need to visit the Gram Panchayat/ Municipalities/ and other local bodies. Ask them to provide you the application form. When you get the form fill the details correctly. Along with the form you need to attach some documents like the Aadhar card of your daughter and father or any other personal identity proof that justify the age of your daughter.
Q. Can a family above the poverty line apply in Balika samridhi yojana?
A. Though, Balika Samridhi Yojana covers rural and urban areas. But, people whose income is stable cannot also apply for this yojana there is no restriction for them. This scheme is only available for the people who come to the poverty line.
Q. For how many daughters, a family can take benefits of Balika samridhi yojana?
A. Each family can opt for this policy for only daughters. If you have more than two daughters then you have to choose which two daughters require this yojana most.
Q. How much total scholarship a girl child can get from Balika samridhi yojana?
A. Scholarships of this yojana vary from age to age. Below we have mentioned the scholarships girls can avail-
- Daughters study in I to III class can get Rs. 300/- annually
- Daughters study in Class IV can get Rs. 500 annually
- Daughters study in V class can get Rs.600 annually
- Daughters study in Class VI to VII can get Rs. 700 annually.
- Daughters study in class VIII can get Rs. 800 annually
- Daughters study in IX- X classes can get Rs. 1000 annually
Q. Can anyone apply for Balika samridhi yojana online?
A. Only families who come under the poverty line can apply for Balika Samridhia Yojana and get the benefits.