What is Balika Samridhi Yojana?
This scheme was inaugurated in the year 1997 by the Ministry of Women and Child Development to benefit the girl child. This is one of the most popular welcome steps backed by the Government to change the negative mindset of families towards their daughters as well as their mothers. The major objectives behind pradhan mantri balika samridhi yojana 2018 is to inform families about the right age of marriage, increase the enrolment of girls in the schools and create some income opportunities for them. The scheme also help girls to build great future and making her self dependent.
Features of Pradhan Mantri Balika Samridhi Yojana 2018
A portion of the Post-Birth Grant of Rs.500/- and the amount of the scholarship can be used to pay the premium of Bhagyashri Balika Kalyan Bima Yojana in the name of the girl child. The amounts of annual scholarships can also be utilised to purchase of books and uniform for girl child. If the amount left after payment will be deposited in the account.
Benefits of Balika Samridhi Yojana
- The mother of the girl child will get the Rs. 500/- as a gift from the government.
- If a girl attends the school she will get an annual scholarship from the government.
- She will get a uniform, books and other schooling related things.
- On or after 18 years if the girl getting married she is able to withdraw the amount.
- This scheme also offers income-generating activities to the girls.
- The girl will get the total amount when she turns 18 years.
- When a girl took birth on or after 15 August 1997 and covered under Balika Samridhi Yojana begins learning in the school, she can be enlightened to annual scholarship as under for each successfully finished year of schooling.
Rewards of the Scheme
Besides all above benefits, when girl child starts her schooling, she becomes entitled to receive some rewards from the government according to her growth in class
|Girls study in I to III class||Rs. 300/- annually|
|Girls study in Class IV||Rs. 500 annually|
|Girls study in V class||Rs.600 annually|
|Girls study in Class VI to VII||Rs. 700 annually.|
|Girls study in class VIII||Rs. 800 annually|
|Girls study in IX- X classes||Rs. 1000 annually|
Balika Samridhi Yojana Eligibility
According to the name this scheme is applicable only for girl child. Besides this, there are other certain eligibility criteria to avail benefits under pradhan mantri balika samridhi yojana 2018. Here we have listed the eligibility criteria, so keep reading;
- Girl should born on or after 15 August 1997.
- A girl child must belong to the family below the poverty line
- Each household can take the benefit of this scheme only for two daughters
- The applicant should not receive any pension or financial assistance from any Government bodies
- Balika samridhi yojana offers scholarship to only those girl students who are legally enrolled in schools
- The scheme is applicable in both urban and rural areas.
- Post-birth grant to mothers only given after the birth of girl child
You may also Like to read: Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
Balika Samridhi Yojana Application Process
In order to take the benefit of this scheme, you need to head over to Gram Panchayats/ Municipalities/ other local bodies. These Government local centers contain the application form of this scheme. And the application forms are completely free with no income tax charges. The application forms are accessible with Anganwadi Workers and other government local centers in the towns and urban zones. The recipients are insisted to present the filled in applications to these government centers. Here we have listed steps for balika samridhi yojana application –
Step 1: Get the balika samridhi yojana application form from health functionaries (in urban areas) or anganwadi center (in rural areas). You can also download the application form from the official website.
Step 2: Complete the application form with all details and attached required documents
Step 3: Submit the filled application form to respective center from where you obtained it.
The applicants must have the below documents along with the completed application form for applying pradhan mantri balika samridhi yojana 2018:
- Identity Proof (Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Aadhar, Driving License or Voter ID Card, etc)
- Address Proof (Rashan Card, Aadhar, Valid Passport or Utility bill etc)
- Income Certificate
- Recent passport size photographs
- BPL Certificate
- School Admission documents
- Parent/guardian’s bank passbook
Balika Samridhi Yojana Post Office
This scheme has bought a lot of relief to the parents who come under the poverty line and wants to teach their girl child and pray for her better future. You can raise the request for these services from the local government centers as well pradhan mantri balika samridhi yojana 2018 Post Office is also providing the application form and helps you in this process. In order to access this scheme, all you need to provide you’re below poverty line certificate, birth certificate of the girl child and the government ID that shows you are parents. After filling the form and submitting documentation the beneficiaries can take the benefits of this scheme.