What is Balika Samridhi Yojana?
Balika Samridhi Yojana was inaugurated in the year 1997 by the Ministry of Women and Child Development to benefit the girl child. This is one of the most popular welcome steps backed by the Government to change the negative mindset of families towards their daughters as well as their mothers. The major objectives behind this scheme are to inform families about the right age of marriage, increase the enrolment of girls in the schools and create some income opportunities for them. The scheme’s small part of the money is building a daughter’s great future and making her self-independent.
Balika Samridhi Yojana Eligibility
Here we have listed the eligibility criteria, so keep reading;
- A girl child must become below the poverty line, who took birth on or after 15 August 1997.
- Each household can take the benefit of this scheme only for one daughter.
- The girl will get the total amount when she turns 18 years.
- When a girl took birth on or after 15 August 1997 and covered under Balika Samridhi Yojana begins learning in the school, she can be enlightened to annual scholarship as under for each successfully finished year of schooling.
- The girls who study in between I to III class will get a scholarship Rs. 300/- annually.
- The girls who study in Class IV will get a scholarship Rs. 500 annually.
- Girls who study in V class will get a scholarship Rs.600 annually for each class.
- The girls who study in between Class VI & VII will get a scholarship of Rs. 700 annually.
- The girls who study in class VIII will get a scholarship of Rs. 800 annually for each class.
- The girls who study in IX- X classes will get a scholarship of Rs. 1000 annually.
You may also Like to read: Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
How to Apply for Balika Samridhi Yojana?
In order to take the benefit of this scheme, you need to head over to Gram Panchayats/ Municipalities/ other local bodies. These Government local centers contain the application form of this scheme. And the application forms are completely free with no income tax charges. The BSY application forms are accessible with Anganwadi Workers and other government local centers in the towns and urban zones. The recipients are insisted to present the filled in applications to these government centers.
Benefits of Balika Samiridhi Yojana
- The mother of the birth girl child will get the Rs. 500/- as a gift from the government.
- If a girl attends the school she will get an annual scholarship from the government. Along with that she well gets a uniform, books and other schooling related things.
- On or after 18 years if the girl getting married she is able to withdraw the amount.
- This scheme also offers income-generating activities to the girls.
Balika Samriddhi Yojana Post Office
Balika Samridhi Yojana has bought a lot of relief to the parents who come under the poverty line and wants to teach their girl child and pray for her better future. You can raise the request for these services from the local government centers as well Balika Samriddi Yojana Post Office is also providing the application form and helps you in this process. In order to access this scheme, all you need to provide you’re below poverty line certificate, birth certificate of the girl child and the government ID that shows you are parents. After filling the form and submitting documentation the beneficiaries can take the benefits of this scheme.