Know that EPFO nominations can only be done online on EPFO’s official website at epfindia.gov.in.
Every salaried person in India typically has an account with the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO). EPF account holders (members) are required to submit a nomination for their EPF accounts. If a member has an accident, the nominees will be able to withdraw money from the EPF account.
Following completion of the nomination, members may amend or modify it online. Initially, Form 2 was sent by the employer to the EPFO nominations in order to change a nomination. By logging into the EPF members online, members can now add new nominees or modify existing nominations thanks to the EPFO nominations simplified process. Let us understand the process of EPFO e-nomination.
EPFO Nomination meaning
Nominating someone for your EPF account is the nomination process. This nominee will be eligible to receive the remaining balance in your account as well as any benefits owed under this program in the event of your passing. Therefore, someone close to you, such as your spouse or child, will usually be your nominee.
Benefits of EPFO Nominations
The following are some advantages of EPF E-Nomination:
- Online claims can be submitted in the case of a member of the EPF passing away.
- The resolution of claims happens quickly and without paper.
- The PF amount, pension, and insurance up to Rs. 7 lakh will be paid online to eligible nominees.
Conditions needed for EPFO Nominee Update
Before updating or replacing their EPF nominee, members must have the following:
- Aadhaar-linked and activated UAN (Universal Account Number)
- Aadhaar-linked mobile number
- Address and an image have been added to the EPF account profile.
- a scanned image of the candidate
- number from the nominee’s Aadhaar
- Address of the nominee and the bank account number with the IFSC
How to fill epfo nominations form online?
Look here the steps to fill epfo nomination form-
- Utilize your UAN and password to sign in to the EPF member portal.
- From the “Manage” area, choose “e-Nomination.”
- In your “Profile,” fill up your “Permanent Address” and “Current Address,” then hit “Save.”
- Choose whether or not you have a family.
- Click “Save Family Details” after entering the family member’s information, including their Aadhaar number, name, date of birth, gender, relationship, address, and guardian (if they are a minor). Select the “Add Row” option if you want to add more nominations.
- Choose the nominees from the list and then input the total share amount. Click “Save EPF Nomination” now.
- Your nomination information will be saved, and the nominees will receive the fund according to the percentage you specified on the form.
- To get benefits from the pension plan, use the same procedures as for the EPS section.
- You must “e-sign” your nomination in order to finish the procedure. Choose the “e-nomination” option under the “Manage” section to accomplish this.
- Next, enter your Aadhaar virtual ID and select “Verify.” given your approval for e-KYC services through Aadhaar.
- Once more, enter your Virtual ID or Aadhaar, then click “Get OTP” to receive an OTP on the mobile number associated with your Aadhaar card.
- To properly register your nomination with EPFO, enter the OTP. No more physical documentation are needed once you have digitally submitted your EPF and EPS nomination.
EPFO Nominations Rules
Here are the epfo nomination rules-
- Your nomination is required for all of your EPF accounts. In the event of your untimely death, this makes fund transfers simple.
- You have the option of nominating multiple candidates and setting the percentage of sharing among all of them.
- You must always suggest a candidate who is a close relative. A nominee who is not family is ineligible.
- If you don’t have a family, you can suggest someone. However, the nomination need to be given to the family member after the person has children.
- If you nominated someone before getting married, you must update your spouse as a nominee after getting married. The nominations made prior to the marriage will be deemed invalid if you don’t update. After marriage, additional nominations must be submitted.
- The guardian should be a member of the family in the event that a minor is a nominee. If no family member is available to serve as guardian, the employee may choose a guardian from outside the family.
- You are free to modify the nomination as many as you like.
EPFO Nominations- How to change your picture or update it?
Follow the steps to update your photograph for epfo nomination-
- Go to www.epfindia.gov.in by clicking the link.
- Go to the “Services” page and select “For Employees.”
- On the “Member UAN/Online service (OCS/OTCP)” page, click.
- The website https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ will be opened for you.
- Use your UAN number, password, and captcha to log in.
- After logging in, click on “View” and choose “Profile” from the drop-down menu.
- You can see all the information by choosing the “Profile” option. Select “Change Photo” from the menu on the left to upload a new photo to replace the one you currently have.
- You can view the image before submitting it; if you’re happy, click “Upload Photograph.”
EPFO Nominations- FAQs
- Who may be nominated for the EPF?
Answer-Any other person, regardless of his or her link to the PF, may only be nominated by an unmarried member who does not have any of the family members listed above. If neither a spouse nor children are present, only the pension nomination link will be available, and the member may only designate one individual.
- In the absence of a legal nomination and with no family member, who will receive the PF money?
Answer-The PF money will be paid to dependent parents in such cases. The father receives the PF amount first, then the mother.
- What is the deadline for electronic nomination?
Answer-The EPFO has not established a deadline for e-nomination submission and advance claim submission is not required.
- How do I verify my PF balance without using an electronic nomination?
Answer-You can now access the EPFO app/Umang app, the EPFO Portal/Umang App, the EPFO App, SMS, missed call, and the EPFO App to check your EPF balance.
- Can we modify the EPF nomination?
Answer-The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) website, www.epfindia.gov.in, now allows EPFO members to modify their current EPF nomination and submit a new nomination online.